Saturday, August 8, 2009

Voodoo Journey








Haha, I made this voodoo, but he was So Plain Jane that I just had to grunge him up, no matter if I am to bury him for a bit! That's why he won't be for sale. But I am snapping pics of his crazy little trip to becoming a really beat up voodoo. I don't know all the tricks so I am experimenting as I go. I figure he can be the first voodoo to hang from my kitchen ceiling, haha, since my kitchen has a voodoo theme (getting there SLOWLY by the way) ANYWAY, here's Voodoo Guy from start to now... (I haven't got a name yet)
Oh and this is just for fun, okay, I am not any kind of witch, or don't encourage this or that, no evil spell casting conjuring going on around here. Just think of them as stage props :D

First pic, Bianca the 4 year old thinks it's really funny to purposely block the shot....hahaha, real funny before my first cup of coffee... then the voodoo...painted up with watered down acrylics and rolled in dirt hanging from the old fence....cleaned up tossed in the dryer...took a few pics then painted him darker and rolled him in more dirt. He is now hanging outside because it's supposed to rain, I think...

7 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

The grungier the better, I always say.

WingingIt said...

i love the concept of the voodoo anything! bury him? i think you are supposed to..tee hee!

Cindi Myers said...

Maybe you could use some of your morning coffee to grunge him up some more?!

yoborobo said...

I hope he looks so old and musty that whoever sees him wonders about the century old journey he must have been on. Your kitchen must be amazing! :)

Whitney Josephine said...

I'd love to see a voodoo-themed kitchen!

That looks like a great method of aging—even better than tea-staining! I'm worried now that I might be tempted to try that on some of my plainer articles of clothing...

Unknown said...

This is just "plain" funny! :o) I love the shot of him on the fence. NICE!

JUNKER JANE said...

THanks all, I'll try coffe too :)