Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Other Love


Last year I started a fun "campaign" on flickr called Dress up for Halloween or Die and I made myself up in several costumes to inspire people to dress up :D While taking those pics I noticed I could get certain effects in low light and slow shutter speed. Before this campaign I only took photos to sell my dolls on Etsy. I found I just LOVE experimenting with the camera. I don't use any programs like Photoshop to alter the photos because I don't know how, haha, and I am not even sure I want to learn anymore because I love the raw and natural state of the photos I am learning to capture. The only editing I use is is changing the color contrasts sometimes.

2 comments:

ArtAfterDark said...

This photo is incredibly creepy. I love it! I bet you could sell these if this is where you are going with it! Continue the fun!

Cindi Myers said...

I don't know ANYTHING about cameras either. I'm lucky that I'm able to "crop" them! I tried the Macro and it didn't seem to make a difference, hmmmm, I think I saw something about shutter speed? And you don't do any editing? Um, that's kinda scary cuz I sometimes think I see someone there with you, lurking in the background.. kinda ghostly....